We need you in the League of Women Voters
of Okaloosa County!
Join us to become part of the solution!
The Emerald Coast needs leaders like you to ensure our community remains a strong, safe and vibrant place to live, and now is the perfect time to join! The League of Women Voters is the organization where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement. Add your voice to over 100,000 League members and supporters across the country by becoming a member today.
The League of Women Voters of Okaloosa County welcomes all registered voters, male and female. Democracy is not a spectator sport, so be a part of it! Become a member of the Okaloosa League today, and serve as a leader in your community — work to shape the important issues that keep the Emerald Coast community strong. Make your check payable to LWVOC and mail it to:
Rachel Winkler, Treasurer
194 Kel Wen Circle
Destin FL 32541
Or use the button below to join via PayPal. Don’t forget to include your name and contact information in the notes/comments section.
What is League?
League is a respected national grassroots organization, where individuals like you are actively engaged in creating positive change on the local, state and national levels. League believes that sensible, responsible civil discourse and action based on substance rather than partisanship is essential for civic improvement. With leaders like you, we can make democracy work for everyone.
- Acting as a force to create positive, lasting change;
- Empowering millions of voters to protect their right to vote;
- Educating citizens and fostering dialogue on pertinent issues from healthcare and climate change to openness in government;
- Working to ensure that all votes are counted and all voices are heard;
- Preserving our constitutional rights; and
- Working together to make democracy work!
Currently the Okaloosa League is working on:
- Adding special advisors to our Board
- Planning for the general meetings for the coming year
- Getting ready for the 2017 legislative session
- Interviewing our new legislators
There are several membership levels—one for every budget—and each includes membership in the LWV United States and LWV Florida.
- Susan B. Anthony – $100. This level is for members who want to provide extra support to their Local League. It includes one basic and one additional household member, if applicable.
- Individual – $50. This basic level covers State and National League membership fees for one person.
- Additional Household Member – $25. This level covers an additional member residing in the same household as a dues-paying individual member.
- Student – $25. This level provides a discounted rate for students.
Annual membership dues are are not tax-deductible. To make a tax-deductible donation to your local League, make your check payable to LWVF-EF, write “Okaloosa County” in the memo line, and mail your check to Treasurer Rachel Winkler at the address above. Or use this link to donate to the League of Women Voters of Florida Education Fund, and be sure to include “Okaloosa County” in the notes/comments.